Dermatologists understand how challenging skin, hair and nail conditions can be, changing the way people live their lives. This World Skin Health Day, ACD is launching a new resource hub to encourage and empower Australians to reach out for help.
Some tips from Dermatologists on a simple skin care routine while using face masks.
- Use a gentle cleanser or micellar water in the morning and the evening.
- Use a light or oil free moisturiser.
- Avoid products with fragrance and use those with simple formulations.
- Sun protection is vital, use your sunscreen as your moisturiser to minimise the number of products you are using.
- Minimise the number of products you use as multiple product use may irritate the skin.
Use hand sanitiser before you put your mask on.
Make sure the mask snuggly, but is not too tight.
Don’t forget to wash your cloth mask daily and sun dry or iron it.
Central Sydney Dermatology continues to operate throughout the pandemic adjusting our appointment schedule and operations to meet current requirements. This includes but is not limited to the following measures:
- NSW COVID Safe check-in mandatory for all staff and patients.
- Reduced number of appointments available to meet social distancing requirements.
- Request that only the patient attend for appointments and only 1 carer to accompany where necessary.
- Patients (and any accompanying persons) are requested to wear masks when in the practice.
- Staff are required to wear masks at all times. This includes administrative staff.
- Consulting and treatment rooms, reception area including EFTPOS machines cleaned between patients.
- Telehealth via phone or video is available, if necessary, for existing patients only.
We are unable to offer cosmetic appointments at present for the safety of staff and patients.
Any person who has an appointment and may have been in contact with positive COVID-19 persons are asked to call the practice and cancel their appointment. We will rebook the appointment for a date when you are clear of any quarantine period.
Central Sydney Dermatology will close for the Christmas/New Year break on Wednesday 23rd December 2020 and reopen on Monday 4th January 2021.
There will be limited appointments available with Dr Philip Tong on Thursday 7th January 2021.
A/Prof Stephen Shumack and Dr Erin Mullan will return to work on Tuesday 12th January 2021.
Limited online bookings are available with Dr Tong, Dr Ng and Dr Mullan via Appointuit link on our home page.
On behalf of the Dermatologists, Registered Nurses and Administrative staff at Central Sydney Dermatology we would like to convey our gratitude to our patients for their patronage thru this challenging year. We wish you a Merry Christmas and look forward to seeing you again in 2021.
Central Sydney Dermatology is proud to acknowledge World Skin Day 2020!
This has been a challenging year for everyone and we would like to thank our patients who have been extremely patient in this current crisis.
We have offered telehealth services over the last few months to the elderly, those in remote areas, those in isolation/quarantine and even those overseas.
Our doors are open and we look forward to welcoming our patients back in person in a COVID safe practice.